CONTINUE TO DEVELOP LOCAL NETWORK OF FOREST-DEPENDENT
COMMUNITIES IN CENTRAL REGION AND CONDUCT THE ACTIVITIES
COMMUNITY-BASED FOREST GOVERNANCE MODELS IN SUPPORT OF
VPA-FLEGT ARE DOCUMENTED AND SHARED
The negotiation of the Voluntary Partnership Agreement on Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (VPA-FLEGT) between the Government of Vietnam and the European Union (EU) began in November 2010. The main objective of this agreement is to promote sustainable forest management through controlling of timber product trading. To ensure the process is inclusive, participatory of all stakeholders of forestry communities is a must. The EU delegation in Vietnam, therefore, set up a support fund to promote this in 2013 through direct implementation of International Non-government Organizations working in Vietnam.
The project titled “Promoting the Participation of the Central Vietnam VNGO-FLEGT Network in the FLEGT-VPA processes” is one of the projects granted by this fund. The project is implemented by The Inter-Church for Cooperation and Development (ICCO) in cooperation with two key local partners Center for Rural Development in Central Vietnam (CRD) and Consultative and Research Center on Natural Resource Management (CORENARM). The project’s duration is 3 years (2014-2017), covering for 04 provinces in the Central region, namely: Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam provinces. It aims to enhance the policy inputs capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), small wood producers and forestry related agencies in the Central region so that their contribution into the VPA-FLEGT is meaningful and useful.
In this year, we continue to implement 02 main activities as follows:
- Activity Develop local network of forest dependent communities in Central region: this activity is implemented in 03 years, in the first two years, Project established a network with the participation of 50 communities and the support of 06 key network members; conducted workshops, training courses to enhance the capacity of network member; published quarterly newsletters to update and share lessons learn related to forest protection and livelihood development. In this third year, Project continues to support network member on enhancing capacity through seminars, training courses; share lessons learn through quarterly newsletters.
- Activity Conduct the activities community-based forest governance models in support of VPA-FLEGT are documented and shared: This activity was designed to support for forest-dependent communities in Tan Hoi Village (Hong Bac Commune, A Luoi District, Thua Thien Hue Province) and Xuan Lam Village (Trieu Nguyen Commune, Dakrong District, Quang Tri Province), based on this they can manage and use forest in effective and sustainable way compliance with VPA-FLEGT. This activity is conducted in 03 years, in the first two years, the project implemented activities to support communities recognizing the aim and the meaning of forest management; enhance the capacity on livelihood development, forest management purposefully, legal timber records management compliance with VPA-FLEGT. In this third year, Project continues to (1) implement monitoring activities periodically at 02 models so that we can follow and remove the existing difficulties of communities (2) implement market connection activities between forest planters and wood producers that support communities in business oriented to timber legal and (3) writing a final report.
Thus, the FLEGT Project in Central region needs to recruit 01 teams of 02 qualified consultants (01 leader and 01 assistant) with professional knowledge and experience to effectively conduct this activity.
– Enhancing the capacity of forest-dependent communities in Central Region on sustainable forest management, VPA – FLEGT oriented timber trade.
– Updating and sharing lessons learn on forest management, livelihood development quarterly to related agencies, management agencies in forestry sector will improve and enhance activities on sustainable forest management in Central Region.
– Supporting communities on having regular meeting habits to maintain and promote advantages, best practices and overcome the limitations that exist in communities.
– Giving opportunity for communities to approach with social and environmental responsibility in timber trade, fair competition and ensure the consumption.
- Specific tasks
* Quarterly newsletters
– Contacting with 06 key network members from 06 districts of 04 provinces (Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam) to update experience of effective forest governance and developing livelihood models, trading and using legal timber-oriented VPA- FLEGT;
– Analysing and finalizing newsletters.
* Organizing seminar
– Preparing topic of seminar;
– Preparing and finalizing agenda and questions related to topic of seminar;
– Preparing the seminar materials;
– Conducting seminar;
– Preparing seminar report.
* Final report
– Synthesizing the result of network in the third year;
– Finalizing report of activity.
* Periodic monitoring
– Preparing periodical monitoring plan;
– Cooperating with Project officer to organize periodical monitoring meeting;
+ Discussing on livelihood development activities;
+ Following activities related to patrolling and enrichment forest;
+ Proposing solutions and plan in the next period.
* Connecting timber markets
– Conducting survey on forest plantation of community in Xuan Lam Village;
– Contacting and working with wood producers in Ai Tu Industrial Cluster Village (Trieu Phong District, Quang Tri Province) to find out the need and expectation of these wood producers;
– Organizing a Connecting timber markets forum;
+ Preparing discusses topics between communities and wood producers;
+ Finalizing memorandum of cooperation on commitment to forest and timber sale for wood producers;
+ Organizing and facilitating the forum;
+ Writing report.
* Final Report
– Synthesizing activities implemented in 03 years of these models in Tan Hoi Village, Hong Bac Commune, A Luoi District, Thua Thien Hue Province and Xuan Lam Village, Trieu Nguyen Commune, Dakrong District, Quang Tri Province.
– Finalizing final report of activity.
- Required outputs
- For activity Develop local network of forest dependent communities in Central region:
|1||04 Quarterly newsletters||12/2016 – 03/2016|
|2||01 Organizing seminar||01/2017|
|3||01 Finalize report||03/2017|
- For activity Conduct the activities community-based forest governance models in support of VPA-FLEGT are documented and shared:
|1||06 Periodic monitorings at tows models||12/2016 – 03/2016|
|2||01 Connecting timber markets||02/2017|
|3||01 Finalize report||03/2017|
- Qualification, Experience and Capacity
– Having 05 – 10 years working experience in forestry community and building network,
– Having 05 years working experience related to field of VPA-FLEGT;
– Having 05 years experience in research, especially in data analyzing and report writing;
– Having good training, workshop facilitating skills.
- Time and Location
– Time: – These activities will be implemented from December 15, 2016 to March 20, 2017.
– Location: – The networks will be implemented in Central region.
– The model will be implemented in Tan Hoi Village, Hong Bac Commune, A Luoi District, Thua Thien Hue Province and Xuan Lam Village, Trieu Nguyen Commune, Dakrong District, Quang Tri Province.
- Selection Process
Interested candidates may send CVs to the following email address no later than December 10, 2016 email@example.com with cc Le.Hien@icco-cooperation.org; firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. The contract will be developed upon the candidate is selected.
|THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT OF FLEGT PROJECT – CENTRAL REGIONAddress: 102 Phung Hung Str, Hue City, VietnamTelephone: 054 3516349 – Fax: 054 3530000 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download file here: TOR_A.5.1 and B.1.1_Final